Lameness and Limping Treatment from Our Veterinarian in Oakland Park, FL
If you notice your pet exhibiting lameness or limping, bring them in to see a veterinarian as soon as possible. Various issues can cause lameness and limpness, so it's necessary to have a professional diagnose the problem and create a treatment plan.
At Oakland Park Animal Clinic, our team is experienced in treating lameness and limpness in pets of all ages. We will work to quickly diagnose the problem and develop a treatment plan that is right for your pet. Sometimes, lameness and limping can be caused by something as simple as an injury or strain. However, other cases may indicate a more severe condition, such as arthritis. Below is everything you need to know about our Oakland Park, FL veterinarians.
What Causes Lameness and Limping?
Several factors can cause lameness and limp in pets. However, some of the most common causes include the following:
- Injuries: A pet may limp if they have sustained an injury, such as a sprain, strain, or fracture.
- Arthritis: Arthritis is a common cause of lameness and limping in older pets.
- Diseases: Diseases such as cancer can cause lameness or limpness.
How Our Veterinarian in Oakland Park, FL, Can Help
At Oakland Park Animal Clinic, we provide a wide range of services to help pets who are lame or limping. We will work to determine the cause of the problem and develop a treatment plan accordingly.
Our veterinarian will thoroughly examine your pet to determine the cause of the lameness and limping. We will then recommend a course of treatment that is right for your pet.
The standard treatment we can provide to help your pet find relief includes the following:
- Rest: In many cases, lameness or limping can be caused by an injury or strain. If this is the case, our veterinarian will likely recommend a period of rest for your pet.
- Medication: We may also prescribe medication to help relieve pain and inflammation associated with lameness or limping.
- Surgery: In some cases, surgery may be necessary to correct the problem. Our team is experienced in performing various surgical procedures to treat lameness and limpness.
Pet Relief at Oakland Park Animal Hospital
If you notice your pet is lame or limping and are looking for a "veterinarian near me," don't hesitate to contact our veterinarian in Oakland Park, FL, for help. While you might think there is nothing to worry about, it's always best to have a professional take a look. We will work quickly to determine the cause of the problem and develop a treatment plan that is right for your pet. So call us at (954) 731-4228 to schedule an appointment today!